Bible Analyzer 5.3 Beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
rubeng

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.3 Beta (Windows)

Post by rubeng »

I seem to have an issue with the transliteration font in StrongEx (see square in screenshot below). Does it display correctly on your end?
2018-10-22_18-13-25.png
2018-10-22_18-13-25.png (212.21 KiB) Viewed 43633 times

rubeng

Post by rubeng »

Tim wrote:No, not yet. It is the underlying toolkit (wxPython) that controls the display resolution but the wx developers are working on it from what I understand.
I hope they fix it soon. So, what would be the ideal display resolution right now to show crystal-clear icons and text in BA?

Thanks!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The default Verdana font does not have that character and a few others, however other font sets, such as Segoe UI, does have it. You can change the default font in Preferences.

There is not much that can be done about the high DPI issue until the toolkit developers provide the feature. Progress can be slow on things like this because wxPyhon is a cross platform GUI. The developers have to make it work on three platforms.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rubeng

Post by rubeng »

Thanks for your prompt answer, Tim. Somehow I keep forgetting about Verdana not having some transliteration characters.

Also, I've noticed in the Module Download Manager that when I hover over a title, the words of "Excerpt from Module Information Page" in the pop-up seem to run one into another.

rubeng

Problem with AV-Strong Index

Post by rubeng »

If I search for "charity" in AV-Strong Index, it returns 29 instances and 2 topics, but I think that's a bug. The second topic found is Strong's number G1161 (the first word in 1Cor 16:15), which has nothing to do whatsoever with "charity". It so happens that "charity" is the last word of 1Cor 16:14 (it immediately precedes "G1161"), so something is not working properly. In fact, a search for "charityG26" yields 28 hits, not 29.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ruben,

I found the issue with the Strong's Index. Some Strong's numbers represent words that are not translated into English and those that were at the start of a verse were misindexed. I modified the code and think the issue is fixed now. Here is a new StrongsEx,

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/s-strongEx.zip

Just unzip and replace your existing file.

Let me know if it seems to work Ok.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rubeng

Post by rubeng »

Tim wrote:Let me know if it seems to work Ok.
It seems to be working after doing some searches.

Thanks!